Adams Avenue Bicycle Fit Specialists
Adams Avenue Bicycles owner and in house fit specialist, Stephen Roehrs, has been fully certified by the Specialized Bicycle Components University as a level 1 body geometry fit master. We here at Adams Ave want everyone to be as comfortable as possible on their bike which is why we have created a tiered pricing system in an attempt to make our bike fits accessible to a wider range of customers, please see pricing and info below:
Basic Fit - $45.00 (30-45 min): We created this abbreviated version of the bike sizing fit to focus on the most important and key items of any bike fit. In just 30 minutes in the trainer with one of our fit professionals we are able to check a number of things including but not limited too: pedal stroke and foot position, hand and wrist positioning, as well as saddle placement and body positioning. Solely focusing on the places where your body comes in contact with the bike lets us move through this fit quickly and get you out the door and comfortable in no time at all!
Bike Sizing - $90.00 (1 hr): This fit was created with the daily commmuter and recreational rider in mind, essentially this fit is not intended for the comptetitive rider or racer but is a great option for those of us just using our bikes for daily excercise and fun. This fit will delve into those three main contact points where the body meets the bicycle; looking specifically at saddle size and placement, adding any shims or changing seat elevation to optimize pedal stroke, and then finally adjusting the placement of your hands and evaluation of your reach. Finally our fit specialist will take a look at the big picture while you are pedaling the bike in the trainer and make sure that all angles and positioniong is absolutely dialed in.
Pro Fit - $200.00 (2-3 hrs): The pro fit will include everything the bike sizing includes but will delve much deeper into specific measurements to get the serious and or professional cyclist to a place on the bicycle that they can spend the desired amount of time in the saddle and remain as comfortable as possible whilst doing so. The pro fit will include but is not limited too; pre-fit interview discussing previous injuries and athletic history, then the fit specialist will commence with a full body measurement for desired saddle height, positioning, and leg stroke, as well as all the other small details our fit experts are trained to look for at this time. This fit is designed for the cyclist
The AAB FIT process:
- Pre-fit interview - Every fit, whether it's for a novice or experienced cyclist starts with a brief interview with our trained technician that addresses your needs, goals and injury history.
- Flexibility assessment - This evaluation provides an accurate picture of your flexibility and other physical attributes, including assessment of foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, shoulder extension, hip flexion and leg length, among others.
- Side view - This is a riding-position assessment using your side view on the bike. The goal is to find the correct neutral position that's both efficient and comfortable by adjusting the seat, handlebars, stem and cleats.
- Front view - Analysis from a front view to optimize hip, knee and foot alignment for optimum efficiency and balanced power delivery. This includes analysis of the pedal and shoe placement and how squarely you sit on the seat.
- Fit Guarantee - We will happily make free adjustments within 30 days of any fit at noe extra cost to you if any issues or concerns make themselves apparent.
Key Benefits of our AAB fittings
- We're trained in muscle and skeletal anatomy related to the motion of cycling, common aches and pains associated with cycling, and the corrections necessary to address these issues.
- We assess your pedal stroke and can install footbeds and varus/valgus wedges to properly align your feet/knees/hips for maximum efficiency and comfort.
- We can help you ride longer, faster, happier, and healthier so you gain the get the most from your cycling.
- With our fitting experience, tools and unique Specialized Body Geometry bicycles and equipment, we can recommend adjustments and products that solve even unique challenges in flexibility, comfort, injuries and power output.
Comfort, Safety And Efficiency Begin With Fit
How well your bicycle fits you determines a lot. It can mean the difference between comfort and pain, fast and slow, safe and unsafe.
Proper fitting starts with selecting the right size bike frame. Most of our bikes are not one-size-fits-all, but rather, come in different frame measurements to help you obtain the best overall fit. Frame size is usually measured along the length of the seat tube (the tube which supports a bike’s seat and seatpost). While measurement standards vary a bit between different manufacturers, we can help you determine the ideal range of sizes that would offer you your best match to your body type and riding style.
What does body type have to do with fit? Well, have you ever heard someone say, “He’s a tall drink of water” or “She’s all legs”? The point is: Each of us has a different body style. And this has to be taken into account when fitting for a bike.
What's Your Riding Style?
How does your riding style relate to proper fit? Let’s say you want to cruise the bike paths on a bike that lets you sit upright where you get a good view of the scenery. That calls for a different frame size, bike type and fit approach than, say, a time-trial racer who needs to be positioned for optimum aerodynamics and speed.
Better Bike Parts Can Be Adjusted
Beyond frame size, other components of a bike also contribute greatly to a good fit. Take seats, for instance. What's the best height for your bike seat? How far forward or back of center is your correct seat position? The tilt of the seat is also adjustable. Other factors to know more about include: stem length and height; crankarm length; and, what width and shape of handlebars work best for you.
No Matter Where You Bought Your Bike, Great Fit Starts Here
We love helping our customers get the right fit. And if you didn’t buy your bike from us, worry not. Just bring your bike in for a complimentary review of the fit basics so you know what changes, if any, you might want to consider. We look forward to seeing you.